Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gandy Dancers Have Been Busy

Above is the first model building for the Cumberland Railroad. It is the Boothbay Sport Shop. The residents of Galville can get their bait and ammo at this shop. I found the model for free on the web and downloaded the layout. It was printed on construction paper and then cut out. I used balsa wood strips to add strength to the model. Its not great but I learned a lot while building it.


The gandy dancers have been busy laying road bed and track during the past week. The road bed is all laid and glued to the table top. The track is in place and will be attached to the road bed once I have figured out the wiring requirements. Holes have been drilled for the power wires to go under the table. The next step will be to run the wires to a terminal strip and then to the power source.
Still trying to decide if I should use the old analog way to wire the layout or go to DCC. Problem is DCC is expensive (at least for my wallet). Maybe I can use my tax refund to pay for it. The stimulus check will come too late. I want to be operating trains by May.

No comments: